Wednesday 20 July 2011

The Blair Sea-Monster Caribbean Honeymoon Project!

I've written a screenplay for a low-budget, high-concept feature film and I won’t stop until I get it made. I just need to find a little help. I'll be blogging my journey from script to (eventually) screen... it will happen.

This is Bloody Bay:

The Pitch

Get married... Go on honeymoon... Survive the end of the world?

Synopsis


A young professional couple, recently married, take their honeymoon on the idyllic islands of Trinidad & Tobago.  Little do they know they'll have to fight for their lives against a creature that has survived unknown to science.  As they record events for posterity on their camcorder, this tropical paradise turns tropical apocalypse and only an old man and his trusty machete can save them.

This film is going to be the next Blair Witch Project, and with the success of films like that, Paranormal Activity, and Rec (with the added bonus of being in English), this niche of the horror genre is approaching its peak of interest and is ready for something new.

So how is this film new?  Like its predecessors it will utilize the method of shooting hand-held with a small cast and crew to keep the production fast and cost low. However, being set in the Caribbean, with the evil threat of a sea monster based on Trinidad & Tobago's folklore, and a tropical paradise for a back drop, it brings a different and exciting take on the found-footage of people in peril scenario.

Trinidad & Tobago is a beautiful country with a vibrant people and rich culture, but has been criminally under used by filmmakers. In fact the last film to come out of here with recognizable success (critical and financial) was Swiss Family Robinson in 1960!  I want to change this.  I'm an Englishman abroad but this country has inspired me.  I can think of no better place to fulfill my dream of making a feature and starting my film career than here.

If you're interested and want to get involved in this project in any way drop me a line.

Simon B

2 comments:

  1. i'll post a piece on my blog soon. nice one. i wish you luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks buddy, I'll shanghai some of your followers with a bit of luck.

    ReplyDelete